If you have been looking for a full-service accounting firm, you don’t need to look any further than AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC. Adrian D. Anderson has spent years serving Cedar City, Utah, and surrounding Southern Utah towns. The accounting services offered by our accounting firm are:
- Individual Tax Preparation
- Business Tax Preparation
- Nonprofit Tax Returns
- Sales And Use Tax Returns
- Heavy Highway Use Tax Returns
- Business Consulting
- Payroll Services
- Bookkeeping Services
- Startup Company Planning
- Revenue Recognition Strategies
- Entity Restructuring
- Trust Accounting Services
For a more in-depth look at our accounting services, below is an overview of what you can expect when you work with AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC.
Individual Tax Preparation
One of the several kinds of tax preparation services offered at AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC is individual tax preparation. While some people have simple taxes which are easy to prepare on their own, things can become complicated as we become older and have a more diverse portfolio. Some instances when you will want to choose to work with our accounting firm are:
- Property ownership – Whether you own one property or several, it can be incredibly helpful to work with our accountant to be sure you are able to deduct things like your mortgage interest payments, home improvements, and more.
- Financial portfolio – Depending on your investments, you may be required to pay taxes. Our accounting firm can help you navigate this potential tax pitfall.
- Inheritance recipient – Settling a loved one’s estate is difficult. Our accounting services can make sure that your inheritance is properly accounted for so you have one less thing to stress about.
- Divorce-related taxes – From helping you transition from joint filing to individual, covering any alimony and child support payments as well as more, we can help your post-divorce taxes easier.
Business Tax Preparation
Whether you are a one-man freelance business with no overhead or a busy business with a full staff to account for, AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC can help you with your business tax preparation. Some of the business-specific tax preparations we handle are:
- Sole Proprietorship Tax Returns for Entrepreneurs
- Schedule E for Rental Income Tax Returns
- Schedule C for Small Business Tax Returns
- Partnership Tax Returns
- Limited Liability Company Tax Returns
- Corporation Tax Returns
- S Corporation Tax Returns
- Restaurant Tax Returns
We also offered tax auditing services, to help protect you when you are being audited by the IRS. If the audit is a result of a mistake on our end, we offer our tax resolution services for free.
Nonprofit Tax Returns
Transparency is important when it comes to nonprofits so donors know they can trust that their donations go to what is expected, which is why it is important to have a third-party do the accounting for your nonprofit.
In the case of those government grants and some foundations, you may be required to have a third-party audit your nonprofit’s use of the granted funds. Our accounting firm can help you through the whole process as well as helping your nonprofit file taxes.
Sales And Use Tax Returns
If you are selling taxable goods, whether you are a craft fair seller or own a thriving shop, you will need to file sales and use tax returns. Sales and use taxes vary from state-to-state, so to stay on top on your business’ taxes, you will want to work with our accounting firm, as we can help you determine what counts as taxable and how much you owe.
Heavy Highway Use Tax Returns
For heavy vehicle operators, classified as weighing 55,000 pounds or more, you are required to file heavy highway use tax returns. There are specific forms you will need to have filed and your employer identification number. But that’s the easy part.
Depending on when you started operating your vehicle, you are eligible to have that filing season prorated. There are also concessions made for owners who operate second-hand vehicles. For help sorting through all of this, you should work with our accountant.
Our business consulting services extend into several other services we offer at AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC. From helping with the planning of your business, entity restructuring, various accounting services you may need, taxes, and helping with revenue recognition strategies, our accounting firm can help you see what your business may need to move forward and grow.
For many businesses, it doesn’t make sense to bring a payroll expert in-house. However, it can be incredibly time-consuming for the business owner to handle the payroll on their own. There are also other potential difficulties associated with payroll, such as tracking vacation and sick pay accrual, payroll tax filing, and other aspects. At AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC, we offer these payroll services for your business:
- Payroll Processing
- Payroll Tax Filing
- Fiscal Year Reporting
- Workers’ Compensation
- Labor Distribution
- Sick Pay Accrual
- Vacation Pay Accrual
- Business Bookkeeping for A/R, A/P, Payroll Integrations
Much like payroll services, your business can be better served by outsourcing your bookkeeping to our accounting firm. By choosing to utilize our bookkeeping services, you are choosing:
- Time – Taking care of your bookkeeping, whether it is done by an employee and overseen by you or done on your own, bookkeeping can take up valuable time better spent elsewhere.
- Security – By outsourcing your bookkeeping, any financial mistake or deliberate embezzling will be caught faster by eyes trained to located financial discrepancies.
- Reports – An array of reports are available with our bookkeeping services, so you can have a clear idea of how your business is performing.
All the above and more are part of our accounting firm’s bookkeeping services.
Startup Company Planning
If you want to know if your startup is financially feasible, then you will want to use our startup company planning service. We can help from the inception of your idea, help you identify your target market, assist you with the various analyses you will need to present your idea to investors. No matter what stage you are at with your startup company planning, we can help you polish your plan so you have a greater chance of succeeding.
Revenue Recognition Strategies
There are several revenue recognition strategies which we can help you choose from so your business is shown in the most profitable light. The current revenue recognition strategies are:
We can go over the various strategies so you can be well-informed on which one will best suit your business and attract future investors.
By working with our accounting firm and using our entity restructuring service, you can reduce your business’ tax liability and overall lower the personal risks involved in running a business. We will work with you to determine:
- If your business would benefit from an entity restructuring
- What kind of business structure will best suit your current business
- If you fit the legal requirements to restructure your business
Trust Accounting Services
Whether you would like to set up a trust fund or are the recipient of a trust fund, we can help you handle the accounting side of your trust fund. We can help you properly account for different expenses charged to the trust fund and make sure they are filed in separate categories so you receive the greatest tax benefit.
Areas Served Outside Of Cedar City, Utah
While home base for AA Tax & Accounting Services, LLC is Cedar City, we also have an office in St George, Utah, to extend our services further. Other Southern Utah locations we serve are:
- Santa Clara
- La Verkin
If you are located in any of these areas, feel free to contact us and set up an appointment so we can help you will all your accounting service needs.